Monday, May 19, 2014

Do You Feel the Air We Breathe?

Our world is a pretty amazing place. It sustains live, has breathable air, flowing water, and beautiful scenery. But one thing I really noticed this past weekend was the wind.
I noticed this when I was on my way, with my family, to a graduation party. We were in my father’s big pick-up truck and I was sitting in the back. It was a gorgeous day out so hey, I rolled down the giant window right next to me.
And it literally hit me.
The wind.
It was warm and comforting like a silk blanket and it had a sweet scent to it like honey. I couldn't stop myself from closing my eyes and inhaling as much of that wind as I could. I let it blow across my face and through my hair.
I couldn't stop smiling.
I rested my head against the back of the window and just breathed. It was an intoxicating experience and I refused to roll up my window even when my father told me that we had the air conditioning on.
I don’t know what it is about the wind, but I can’t help but be literally swept off of my feet and into the sky. It is the pinnacle of freedom; It can go wherever it wants and however fast it wants it to. It seems to me that when the wind literally “pulls” you, it is actually begging you to join it. Begging you to leap up into the sky and dance with it. Dancing in the sky with your hair flowing around you, a smile across your face, and your soul and spirit being totally free.
What could be better than that?
I pondered all of this on the ride to the party (which took about 30 minutes to get there and I wasn’t complaining.) and I let the wind caress me with its soft gusts. It was almost like it went right through me and lifted my spirits. It made me feel utterly giddy, which is an emotion I thought I had lost.
And I let it.
I let it go through me and lift me up.
I allowed it to make me smile.
I let myself enjoy it.
And I did.
Now, I don’t know about you, but if I had to choose between wind in the car and wind on a hill, I would choose the hill. When you are in nature the wind is 100% different. It still has its soft satiny feel and its sweet honey scent; but when you are in nature, all of this intensifies. It then becomes the most beautiful and calming thing in the world.
So my advice to you, my bloggies:
Go out on a warm, sunny, windy day.
Go out and find a hill and let the wind take you away.


~Blog Out~

No comments:

Post a Comment