Monday, May 5, 2014

The Depth Of Your Being

“The most astounding fact is the knowledge that the atoms that comprise life on Earth, the atoms that make up the human body, are traceable to the crucibles that cooked light elements into heavy elements in their core under extreme temperatures and pressures. These stars, the high mass ones among them went unstable in their later years they collapsed and then exploded scattering their enriched guts across the galaxy guts made of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen and all the fundamental ingredients of life itself. These ingredients become part of gas cloud that condense, collapse, form the next generation of solar systems stars with orbiting planets, and those planets now have the ingredients for life itself. So that when I look up at the night sky and I know that yes, we are part of this universe, we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the Universe is in us. When I reflect on that fact, I look up – many people feel small because they’re small and the Universe is big – but I feel big, because my atoms came from those stars. There’s a level of connectivity. That’s really what you want in life, you want to feel connected, and you want to feel relevant you want to feel like a participant in the goings on of activities and events around you. That’s precisely what we are, just by being alive…”

-Neil DeGrasse Tyson

I want you all to go right now to this video and watch it. I want you to watch it and take in every word, every image that is shown.
And I want you to ponder.
Ponder what he says. Ponder what is shown to you, for the things he says are truly worth thinking about. He is basically saying that we, us lowly Homo sapiens, are the universe. We are all connected in some crazy weird way, and that way is in the fact that a star went supernova, and gave its ingredients to create our planet so that it could sustain life; our life.

It’s alright if you cry while watching this video, I did too. It is also okay to watch it more than once, for I did too. I went to my room, locked the door, blocked out all visible light, and I just played it over and over again. It has a soothing feel to it, but if you truly think about what is being said, It can really put your mind, body, and soul at rest too.


~Blog Out~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment